cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup eines Remote Computers

phbln
Level 2

Hallo Allerseits und schöne Grüße aus Berlin.

Ich bin gerade auf der Suche nach einem Backup-Programm zum Absichern von 2 Windows 2003 R2-Servern. Das Backup-Programm soll auf dem einen Server, der Nachts nichts zu tun hat, laufen und den anderen Server mit absichern. Auf beiden Servern laufen SQL-Server (2005 und 2008).

Ich habe mir jetzt die Testversion von Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 heruntergeladen und auf dem "unterbeschäftigten" Server installiert. Auf dem zweiten Server läuft der Remote Agent.

Starte ich nun auf dem einen Server das Programm, dann klappt die Verbindung zum Remote-Server einwandfrei. Möchte ich nun eine neue Datensicherung für den Remote-Server anlegen, so habe ich nur die Möglichkeit einer vollständigen Sicherung; die Möglichkeit "Ausgewählte Dateien und Ordner" ist ausgegraut. Mache ich hier einen Fehler oder kann ich den Remote-Server nur komplett sichern?

Sicherlich ist diese Frage für die hier Anwesenden ganz einfach, habt trotzdem Verständnis dafür, dass ich mich als "Symantec-Neuling" schwer tue. Vielleicht habe ich aber auch nur das falsche Produkt ins Auge gefasst.

Trotzdem schon einmal recht herzlichen Dank im Voraus.

phbln

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry, I don't speak German so I'm relying on google translate smiley

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to create a 'File and Folder' backup of server 'A' from server 'B'. Is that correct? This cannot be done - you can only create a full volume (aka recovery point) backup when creating the job 'remotely'.

If you want/need to perform a file and folder level backup, this has to be done locally on the server you are backing up.

Hope that helps.

phbln
Level 2

Thank you very much for your immediate answer. Do you know any other solution from Symantec? Some years ago, we had veritas backup exec, which works very fine on both computers.

Have a nice Day

phbln

criley
Employee Accredited

What exactly are your requirements (in terms of backup and restore)?

Once I know that, maybe I can make some recommendations.

phbln
Level 2

Okay, first I try to explain our computers.

We have two server, both with Windows 2003 R2. The first server is the domain-controller, with all users, the active directory, the user-directories with all files, a SQL 2005 express-server and an email Programm called Tobit David.

The second server is explicitly for our accountig with an SQL 2008 server on it. Further more we have some programs for banking (also under SQL) on it.

My idea is to backup both server, running the backup programm on one of them. the backup media should be a large removable disk on one of them.

My problem is to backup the openend files, because it is impossible, to stop all programms during backup.

It would be fine, if the backup has the ability to make something like desaster recovery, i.e. I would like to backup the entire server in case of an crash.

I hope, you can understand my english, but the time, I had left school, is long ago.

Thank you very much.

phbln

criley
Employee Accredited

It would be fine, if the backup has the ability to make something like desaster recovery, i.e. I would like to backup the entire server in case of an crash.

That is exactly what BESR is for. You can backup the entire server (or volume by volume) with BESR. This can be done 'remotely' (in other words, you can create a backup of server 'b' from server 'a').

Hope that helps.