cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2011 Trial limitations

dales
Level 3

Hello!

I'm trying to see if there are any limitations to besr 2011 we would like to evaluate it as an upgrade to besr7 and we were wondering if there are any limitations or extra's thrown into the trial.

Can I install it onto a server create a backup and use RA to restore it again and the restored server wont have any issues. I'm thinking if I tested it this way would symantec make the restored server reboot every so often or cause the machine to work in a limited function because its a trial?

Dale

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Post it in BESR forums.... 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly-backup-exec-system-recovery

Regards

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik there are no limitations in the trial version.

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Trial Version Doesn't work for the COLD BACKUP (backing up system using SRD) as it needs license. For the rest of the backup and restore it should work for 60 days.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

In addition to what the others have said, RestoreAnyware is disabled if the SRD detects the image being restored was created with an unlicensed copy of BESR / SSR. You can only restore to original hardware with unlicensed software.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

All things clear now ?