cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I carry on a incremental backup schedule after the Job has been deleted

Mrmicp
Level 3
 Hi All,

Well I installed the altirs management software on our network today (what a mistake that was) to look after our 12 servers running symanetc system recovery 8.0, 8.5 and 2010. I found the install to be painful and messy and after pushing out the altirs clients and the symantec plugin all hell broke loose.

The servers running symantec 2010 all told me the licences have expired, then known good keys weren't accepted and when I eventually got into syamntec  I found all the job history to be there but the backup jobs have disappeared!!!

So is there a easy way to recreate a job and have it carry on will the incremental backups rather then starting a new recovery point for all the servers?

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks

Mic P
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
So is there a easy way to recreate a job and have it carry on will the incremental backups rather then starting a new recovery point for all the servers?

No, I'm afraid not. When you create a new job, it will always create a full (base) recovery point to start the new set.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

Mrmicp
Level 3
That's a shame.....

I have a fileserver that wont stay booted up for longer than 1 hour. Is there anyway at all I can append to the existing backup on our nas server as a full backup would take about 12 hours?

criley
Employee Accredited
Sorry, this is not possible once the job has been deleted...