cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot define new backup job

natjbrown
Level 2
The server I was using for BESR Manager suffered a hardware failure, so I set it up on a new server and installed a new management agent on all of the client servers.  Everything seems fine until I try to define a new backup job.  I get the following error:

Unable to load configuration information.
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{69C3E4B8-ACC2-41F0-85D6-403C53A9A38D} failed due to the following
error: 80040154

The new BESR Manager server is running Windows Storage Server 2003 with Service Pack 2.  I ran a pre-existing backup job with no problem.  The new backup job I am trying to create would have the following settings:

Drives and backup destinations:
    All Drives () to \\backupserver\backups\@_Drive001.v2i

Start a new recovery point set (base):
    The first time the backup is run in a new week

Scheduled backup time:
    At 8:00 PM on the specified days of the week, starting 3/24/2008
    Next run time: 3/24/2008 8:00 PM

Event triggers:
    [  ] Any user logs on to the computer
    [  ] Any user logs off from the computer (Not at Shutdown or Restart)
    [  ] Application is installed
    [  ] Application is launched
    [  ] Data added to the drive exceeds:

Options:
    Backup name: All Drives Daily Full Weekly Incr
    Compression level: Standard
    [  ] Verify recovery points after creation
    Recovery point set limit: 2
    Consolidate incrementals: Never
    [X] Search engine support
    Description: None

Advanced options:
    [  ] Use password
    Encryption level: None
    Max file size: None
    [  ] Ignore bad sectors during copy
    [  ] Disable SmartSector copying

Command files:
    Before data capture: None
    After data capture: None
    After recovery point creation: None
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Check the BESR service in windows services on the client system to see if you are capable of stopping and starting without error. If not, I suggest to be sure to have .NET 2.0 installed (or reinstalled), reboot, uninstall BESR 8.0x and Management control (MC) from the system through add & remove programs, reboot again, and then install first BESR 8.0 agent from the product CD, if successful (that is you can use the local agent's UI to create successfully an image) then install JUST the MC EasyInstaller package; of course un managed the client from the Management console first before re-installing the MC agent. The job created by the agent's local UI should be incorporate to the Manager's DB but the destination location credentials may need to be added once again at the Manager console level. Once under Management, unless the Client Options . Management control > Master option is enabled, changes made at the local UI level will be overwritten by those specified for this client at the Manager console level.