cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find NAS when booting from 7.0 System Recovery Disk

yk890
Level 2
In version 6.5 of the system recovery disk I was able to browse my network places and find the images on my NAS (TeraSation). With 7.0 there is no such option, I no longer see the my network places link when I browse for an image. I just retried booting from the 6.5 disk again and it found the NAS no problem, so I know it not my connection.
8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Arts
Level 4
I am pretty sure I experience the same problem. BESR 7 definately has a problem with these kind of storage boxes.

Symantec, please respond to this major issue.

Does 7.01 fix this problem ?

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
There are some major differences between the 6.5 recovery disk and the 7.0 version.  With the 7.0 recovery disk we moved from WinPE 1.6 to WinPE 2.0, and it's the base operating system upon which we are built (WinPE 2.0) that handles most of the networking stuff.

Can you access your NAS box in a different way other than browsing?

Thanks.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Maybe this information may give you a clue ? I know it's not directly related to you problem, but it may still help ?!
"
Buffalo NAS products natively support NTLM. Since Vista by default only supports NTLMv2, users will have to make a change to Vista install for it to work with Buffalo NAS products.
"

See the Buffalo Homepage and search for Vista !

D_B_3
Level 3
Browse is terrible in BESR 7.
For mine I have to first set Network properties because static IP
then map the drive  \\192.168.1.8\folder
then can browse the storage.
There is no way to change the network/group name, so don't know how going to be able to browse when not a member of the group.  Could be I just haven't figured it out yet.
Might help?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
According to Buffalo Tech. set this Registry Key to let Vista "talk" to their NAS devices !

Let me know if it works !

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"LmCompatibilityLevel"=dword:00000002

yk890
Level 2
thanks very much for the help I was able to map the network storage and browse it by using the map network drive command.

Gman177
Level 2
I'm experiencing the same problem.  I'm trying to use BESR ( 7 ) to connect to my Buffalo Terrastions (NAS), but I'm not having any kind of success.  I can browse the NAS, but I can't map a drive.  In fact, I can't map a drive to my windows 2003 servers?  So Far this version of Livestate is batting  BIG ZERO.  Does anybody have a solution. I read that "Bill Felt", the symantec employee, explained part the new build for WinPE 2.0, but I didn't see any solutions.   Please help. G

Peppe
Not applicable
I have had the same problem and I have found a solution :

Change the following registry key on WinPE Vista using regedit.exe from the console : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

To the value : 1

this will instruct LSA to be compatible NTLMv1

Restart the service "lanmanworkstation"

And try again to map the share.