cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing With Missed Backups - BESR 2010

dale_m1
Level 4
It appears that if a system is turned off at the time of a backup scheduled via a backup policy, the user, at the next log-on, gets a brief pop up in the lower right corner of the screen prompting as to whether the missed backup should be run. 

If the user fails to respond to this pop-up, what happens?  Does it default to yes or no? 

If multiple backups were missed (say, a new baseline and an incremental)  and the user responds “Yes”, does it run just the last missed backup or all missed backups?

I would like to be able to control this pop-up or at least have some documentation on exactly how it operates as the user is more likely than not to miss it as it pops up only briefly.

Lastly, it would be nice to have a setting whereby if a user misses a scheduled backup, the backup would run automatically if the computer is turned on within x days (policy selectable) of the originally scheduled run date.  I have not seen any policy settings that allow this. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank You,
3 REPLIES 3

vventura
Level 3

We've the same problem here.

Missed backups or scheduled P2V tasks, autoruns themselves.

I've search on Manager Solution trying to configure this behaviour, but havent find anything.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Jason_J
Level 2
Really hoping someone from SYM will chime in here..  Just saw that one of our servers rebooted after an auto detected virus/malware scan (normal) but during a BESR backup logged on to see the popup but NO backups done since the reboot... clicked the "Yes" and all is fine..  I can't babysit 30+ servers and after some research it happens enough to have me worried that the one backup I REALLY need will be the one that was hung by this message.

I will "Second"  Any help would be appreciated.!!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

As far as I know, if the user does not click anything, it does not run anything.