cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drives larger than 2 TB anyone?

T-Bone65
Level 3
Hello,

Been wrestling with BESR attempting to perform a backup and recovery of a drive that is larger than 2 Terabyte....

1st Q: is it true that you cannot create recovery points of drives that are larger than 2 terabyte?

2nd Q: Has anyone seen a message at the beginning of a recovery that says the integrity safeguards of the application failed ( Error EBAB0013)...then quits.

All Feedback is welcomed.

Thanks for the peek,
T
8 REPLIES 8

Tianxiang_Chua
Level 3
Hi T,

I don't think 2TB with BESR is a good option, as I would use BESR for OS and Program Files drives only.

T-Bone65
Level 3
Hi There X,

Thanks for the feedback....It is greatly appreciated...Would you be able to recommend another image based product used for DR and deployment? It would appear that SBESR doesn't support taking images from a drive larger than 2 TB....here was my basic question...does BESR support larger than 2 TB or could I have something wrong with the infrastructure?

Thanks again,
T-Bone

Tianxiang_Chua
Level 3
Hi T,

Sorry, I'm in the lower end enterprise deployment. However, I guess you can look at SAN solutions with off-site backup. Costly though but it would be worth since your deployment is large enterprise.

Travis_Hankins
Level 3
Hi there,

1.  I will see what i can find regarding that info for you

2.  What version are you running for System Recovery.  That is a known bug in 6.5, and Symantec has said they are fixing it....but who knows.

T-Bone65
Level 3
Thanks Guys,

Appreciate the feedback...

Travis, I am running BESR 6.5.3 and would welcome anything you can find. We are attempting deployment to Dell PE 2950 using PERC 5s/e to MD1000 populated with 15 146gbSAS drives configured for one big virtual drive..

Thanks again guys,
T-Bone

T-Bone65
Level 3
Ooops in my last post I said 146gb's and meant 300gb's in the md1000

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi T-Bone,

BESR 7.0 should be used for SYSTEM backup/recovery - so the idea is to use it for taking image of system driver to be able to quickly restore your operating system (Windows), even on other HW.

If you want to make a backup of data storage (file server or something else), then there are solutions like Backup Exec with CPS that are more useful then BESR. Taking a image of 2TB would be quite time consuming... with that kind of capacity, there are flash/snap solutions in hw...

Best regards,
Vladimir Vucinic

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I would add that BESR supports backing up data drives as well as system drives.  However, BESR is currently limited to supporting drives that are 2 TB in size or less.  Anything over 2 TB BESR would probably struggle with.