cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: ECA30BCB

wurstsalat
Level 3

I receive exactly the error message described here http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH70391&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&sear... but all suggested solutions did not work.

I used only 32bit drivers, have no special characters in path or filename and have no other iso files in source or destination directory.

Each time I try to create a new iso with new drivers added I receive the error ECA30BCB.

Has anyone solved this successfully?

12 REPLIES 12

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you using BESR 2010 or SSR 2011?

What operating system, including bit-level (32 or 64), are you seeing this on?

Which driver(s) are you trying to add?

wurstsalat
Level 3

I'm using SSR2011.

My client OS is Windows7 64Bit.

I'm trying to add new Intel Mass Storage drivers iaAHCI, iaStor, iSSetup.

But it also happened trying to add new Intel Network Card drivers.

This Software really starts making me angry.

When I use the original Symantec ISO file as source then I can add the Intel Mass Storage drivers.

When I use my own user defined System Recovery Disc as source, which is also based on the original Symantec ISO, but where I've already added other network card drivers, then it keeps failing.

Maybe there is a size limit of the Recovery Disc or a maximum number of drivers that can be added?

criley
Employee Accredited

When I use my own user defined System Recovery Disc as source, which is also based on the original Symantec ISO, but where I've already added other network card drivers, then it keeps failing.

Let me see if I can reproduce what you are seeing here. I'll get back to you (probably tomorrow).

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, I just did a quick test here and could not reproduce what you are seeing.

My test was very basic; created a custom SRD by adding a single Dell (Broadcom) driver. I then used this ISO and built a new ISO (new filename) by adding another Dell storage driver. Both worked fine.

I think you are going to need to give us more details on exactly what you have done, including the drivers you are adding.

I'm not aware of any limitations in terms of size or number of drivers that can be added.

wurstsalat
Level 3

I've started all over again using the iso SSR_2011_10.0.0.39952_Multilingual_Recovery_Disk_Only.iso as source.

First I added all my Mass Storage drivers and created an ISO. This worked fine today.

Then I added all my needed network drivers to my previously created ISO. FAILED with error ECA30BCB. Very annoying because it took ages via the GUI to select all the necessary inf files. 

So I started adding only some of the network drivers. This worked fine, and so I created a new ISO with those drivers included, based on my custom ISO with the Mass Storage drivers, let's call it SRDA.

Next I added some other network drivers, Broadcom, which also worked fine, based on ISO SRDA, and created ISO SRDB.

Next I added all needed Intel drivers, based on source ISO SRDB, which failed with error ECA30BCB .

So I tried adding only some of the Intel drivers. Worked fine. Created ISO SRDI1 based on SRDB.

Next I tried to add further Intel drivers. Worked fine too. Created ISO SRDI2 based on SRDI1.

Then the next Intel drivers.. failed with error ECA30BCB .

Then I tried adding an other driver, Marvel. Worked fine. Created ISO SRDM based on SRDI2.

Now tried again to add those Intel drivers which formerly failed. Worked fine. Created SRDI3, based on ISO SRDM.

Very, very buggy software.

But now I am on a point where I am not able to add any further network drivers without getting the error ECA30BCB .

I've attached the drivers which I was trying to add, Mass Storage as well as Network.

wurstsalat
Level 3

Attachment added

criley
Employee Accredited

But now I am on a point where I am not able to add any further network drivers without getting the error ECA30BCB .

Have you tried taking this ISO to another machine with SSR installed to see if it allows you to add extra drivers?

How much free disk space do you have on C and on the volume where you are creating the custom ISO on your Win7 machine?

Finally, do you have a support contract? If yes, I think it makes sense for you to open a case so that this can be investigated further.

wurstsalat
Level 3

Yes I have tried the same on another machine, WIndows XP 32 Bit. Same result, same error.

I have about 100GB free disk space.

No, afaik we don't have a support contract.

This software may be suitable if you just have to add some drivers. But if you have to add a bunch of drivers, this is horror. I've already been wasting so much time.

This software really sucks.

wurstsalat
Level 3

Ok I think I've found the root cause for the errors. It's the creation of the ISO file. If you uncheck the flag "create ISO copy bla" then you can add as many drivers as you want. But you can't save your newly created image for later reuse....

So Symantec should look into this and fix it.

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you be more specific please? Which flag are you talking about?

wurstsalat
Level 3

When you start the tool to create a user defined Recovery Disk you are first asked for the ISO file which you want to use as source.

Then you are asked if you want the Recovery Disk to be burned to a CD/DVD or written to an USB device instantly, which you can check or uncheck. I used to uncheck this option.

The next option is if you want to create and save a copy of your user defined Recovery Disk as an ISO file. This is the option that I used to check.

With this setup you start getting the error mentioned above when your Disk has reached a certain size, which happens quite early if you have lots of drivers to be added.

Now, I created a Recovery Disk with the first option checked (write the Recovery Disk directly to an USB STick) and the second option unchecked (create a copy of the Disk as ISO file) and now I can add as many drivers as I want without getting the error.

wurstsalat
Level 3

I have to correct myself. Using the method stated above I was able to create an USB stick with all necessary drivers included, but the stick doesn't boot. It keeps hanging at "Windows is loading files".