cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E0BB01A3 no recognizable ntfs file system found

bama316
Not applicable

Installed BESR 8 and created backup job for computer.  Ran great twice and now it gives the error everytime it runs.  I have recreated the backup job and uninstalled, using the uninstall tool on the site, and reinstalled.  Still get the error.  Any idea what causes this.  I have 3 other servers backing up with no problem to the same NAS device.

One other thing that I have found is that when the job fails, I get a Windows Application Error of the following:

The instruction at "0x7c81bd02" referenced memory at "0x8b55ff8b".  The memory could not be "read".

Message Edited by bama316 on 09-11-2008 07:18 AM
2 REPLIES 2

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Do you get this same error when backing up locally or a share on a different system other then this NAS? If you use the MSCONFIG utility and selective startup the system launching only BESR and essential Microsoft services, does the system report the same error when a backup is attempted? How much memory does this system have? How much is available (using MSINFO32.exe) at the time a backup occurs? Finally, what does the CHKDSK report on the source drive? Check out  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262490 and other technote docs on this windows event.

Fernando_Vinan-
Level 4

I've got the same problem when backing up my newly installed Win2k8_x64 server to my NAS device, but if I do each individual volume on the server separately (I have C:, D: and E: ) there's no problem and each one is backed up.

As a test I decided not to back up the E: drive, just C: and D: as all E: contains is the page file (none on C: or D: ) and voila, the backup works. Added it back to the backup job and it fails. So now I have two jobs, one to do the C: and D: drive nightly and a second to do just the E: weekly just so as to get rid of the "alert" because it's not backed up.

Message Edited by Fernando Vinan-Cano on 10-09-2008 01:44 AM