cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error login on to the BESR 7 Manager Console

Ray_Arts
Level 4
When trying to start the manager console, just after installation, I receive the following error stating there is something wrong with the certificate. The error occurs when trying to logon for the first time.
I did not even put in a license file at this point. Both database and console are installed on the same W2K3 Server.

Logon error.

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
Details
   Data
       System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
   Inner Exception
       The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
       The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
   Source
       System.Web.Services
   Stack Trace
          at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
          at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
          at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
          at BackupManager.BackupManagerSoapBinding.authenticate(String in0, String in1, LocaleInfo in2, Boolean in3)
          at Com.Symantec.RecoveryManager.Tier3ProxyLib.SessionImpl.Authenticate(AuthUserRequestProxy authUserRequest)
          at Com.Symantec.RecoveryManager.Tier3ProxyLib.Tier3Proxy.Authenticate(AuthUserRequestProxy authUserRequest)
          at Symantec.RecoveryManager.MainForm.Logon_AuthenticationEvent(Object sender, AuthenticationEventArgs e)
   Target Site
       GetWebResponse

3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

I would suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling BESR Manager.

Thanks.

Lasse_Thomsen
Level 4
I have trust issues as well when I connect to my server to download, I get the IE7 red background.

I read in another thread on this forum that it could be if the port 8443 is shared with another program?

I will try and ammed mine and report back.

Lasse_Thomsen
Level 4
changing port did not work sorry