cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Backupset creating in the second week of month

SSR20xx
Level 4

Hello,

i have an question about the SSR Management Console create an backup policy.

there are about 107 clients to backup. we only have an Gbit Cable on the backup server.

i want to backup 10 clients in a backup set on the first week (Saturday) of the month and e. g. the next 10 clients on the second week (Saturday) of the month. monthly should be created an full backup set and weekly an incremental backup. my aspiration is, that only 10 clients create a full backup set per week and in the second week the next 10 Clients are creating a full backup set. that was better for our nework performance.

How can i do this in the management console?

Kind regards

Blacksun

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Create a policy with the settings and assign it to 10 clients. But afaik SSR only allows to define the full backup set on certain days of the month, e.g. 1st day, 2nd day etc. but not 1st saturday of the month.

SSR20xx
Level 4

Ok, i have been thinking so. Is this planned for a next release?

With my idea i do the full backup set of 10 clients every first saturday of month, the next 10 clients the full backup set can be created on the second saturday of the month. on the first saturday i do only a incremental backup of the seconds 10 clients and on the seconds saturday of month i do only a incremental backup of the first 10 clients. this is better for the network performance? is this idea for a next release?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Puh, actually as I'm not a Symantec/Veritas employee I can't answer this question. But you can post the requirement in the ideas section, so that product management gets aware.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So anything still unclear?