cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular Restore Option

DR0701
Level 5
Before I go and spend half the day on hold with Symantec Support, has anyone managed to get the Granular Restore Option working with System Recovery 8.5?

I'm having the same issue as other people have had - even though my backups have worked correctly, and the .eif file is contained within c:\backup information, I can't access the Exchange Store information - what the hell do the Symantec testers (if they even exist) do all day, if they can't see such a major flaw in the software?
5 REPLIES 5

ARC_MAN
Not applicable
I have just purchased this product and have the same issue. Why do Symantec sell products that dont work. Can anyone from Symantec update please as to what is happening.

criley
Employee Accredited
There is a 'pre-release' version of GRO 8.5.3 which has been seen to resolve the issue with Exchange. I would encourage you to open a case with Tech Support and request this so you can test to see if it resolves the problems you are seeing.

DR0701
Level 5
Thanks Chris - I'll give this a try when I get a chance.

One other thing - we've purchased the SBS version of System Recovery which comes with the GRO.  However, to get this to work, it says you have to install Outlook, which isn't advisable on an SBS server.  Are you aware of the licensing situation that would cover this, i.e. would I have to install the GRO on a desktop machine, but also purchase a Desktop licence for the System Recovery software?

criley
Employee Accredited
This should help: http://support.veritas.com/docs/314530.

DR0701
Level 5
Thanks Chris

That's just what I (and the finance guys) needed to hear!

Doug.