cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostname Not Appearing in Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager serve

Frankg
Level 2
 Several of our workstation (about 20) don’t appear on the SBESR Manager, Manage, Computers tab. I have to restart the Backup Exec System Recovery service on the workstation in question , and wait a few minutes before it hostname will appear.  Anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

-Frank

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager server v8.5.2.33363
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager v 8.5.5.3479
Symantec Backup Exec System  Recovery 8.5 Desktop Edition.

2 REPLIES 2

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Frank,

What happens if you upgrade your BESRM software to 8.5.5? Do this, then install the 8.5.5 management control onto one of those workstations in question, and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, as a test, disable the power options to ensure that the network card is not going into powersave, and the system is not going into stand-by or hibernate.

-Andreas
Symantec

Frankg
Level 2
Andreas,

Prior to posting the above, I download the latest manager software and installed it. The version information is current. 

There is no power saving option turned on any of our computers.  The screensaver w/password after 5 minutes of inactivity is the only option turned on. 99% of our computers are turned off at the end of the work day

Here is something that happens more often than not; I install SBESR w/manager (client) on 2 windows XP w/sp3 workstations (OS = New install).  Approximately 20 minutes has passed scenic installing the client, I look for the hostname in SBESR Manager and there are not there. I have to restart the SBESR service on the workstation in question, and wait a few minutes before it hostname will appear.

Thanks in advance!
-Frank