cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Install this product!!!???

prmdbr
Not applicable
I just puchased and downloaded Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server however, I don't see any trace of an installater file.  The autorun directory has no autorun.exe and I don't see a setup.exe or setup.msi anywhere in the fileset.  All I can find is an installer directory with a cab file.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

ANONYM0US
Level 4
Are you sure you downloaded both disks? 
They split the product in 2.
The SRD (System Recover Disk) and the Installation disk.

Where did you download from? I just looked at both disks and they have an Autorun.exe in the root of both.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

That is correct.  The product now comes on two CD's:

1.  Product CD (install files)
2.  Recovery Disk

Thanks.

gary_beckett
Level 2
Hi all

I am new to this product , the version is 6.5, On the initial install I did the validation of drivers, this came up with only one error that is no driver for hp network teaming virtual miniport driver in the symantec recovery disk.

Is there a driver available?? is how do I install for the recovery?? do i just stop teaming and make recovery anyway??

This is an eval that I am doing at this time

gary_beckett
Level 2
Sorry for the second post, I cant seem to edit my first one.

Being a complete novice to this I have hit another problem, I have a server a switch and a pc, I want to make a recovery point and put it onto the pc, all seemed ok until it asked for a username and password for the network, there is no password only administrator as username on the pc, becouse of this I camt make a restore point, any help??