cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover file/folders in a formatted machine?

Go
Level 2

Hello you all! This is my first forum´s post. I hope someone can help me. Smiley Sad 

A had Symantec BESR 8.5 Desktop Edition installed and running in a Windows XP machine. To better use the server´s disk space and to improve backup performance, we implemented File and Folder Backup for this machine and all backup data is safe on server. The problem I face now is: I had to format the machine, losing any customized setting for Backup Exec and, therefore, the associations to the backup on server. I have installed BESR in the new, formatted machine, and even after defining the backup job as were before, I am unable to browse and restore any data from server. 

So, what I needed to know was: how can I restore files and folders from server since the data on server is not from this desktop because it was formatted? I dont´s have recovery points (.v2i files), only File and Folder Backup (.fbf files)

Best Regards and Great 2009!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

In case you didn't figure it out yet:

On the task pane on the left hand side of the BESR Console GUI, choose "Tasks" then click on "Recovery My Files". When the file recovery screen comes up go to "File" > "Import Backup Destination". Now browse to and select the folder that holds the folder named "File Backup Data".

Afterwards you'll need to use the search field to search for documents or search for * to see all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Instructions for restoring files from a file and folder backup can be found in the following technical document; http://support.veritas.com/docs/313564

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

In case you didn't figure it out yet:

On the task pane on the left hand side of the BESR Console GUI, choose "Tasks" then click on "Recovery My Files". When the file recovery screen comes up go to "File" > "Import Backup Destination". Now browse to and select the folder that holds the folder named "File Backup Data".

Afterwards you'll need to use the search field to search for documents or search for * to see all.

Go
Level 2

Thanks! I don´t know how I missed the "Import Backup Destination" option...

It worked just fine! Bye.