cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install BESR8.55 on server2008SP2(x64) and get:Visual C++ Error: "Runtime Error! This app has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..."

AlexPPC
Level 2

I   just downloaded the trial version of BESR8.55. I  installed it on a Windows server 2008 SP2 x64.
It is updated with last update up to 13.10.09.

I got the following errow, shown two-three times during installation: Microsoft Visual C++ Error:

" This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unsusual way. Please contact  the application's support team..."

After the installation was complete, the same error was shown after restart. I was never able to see teh initial BESR8.55 screen.

The "details" of the error show the VproConsole.exe was failed to start. APPCRASH was mentioned in the windows ticket too. 

I tried to install it either with .NET3.1SP1 pack and without it.
Also I have tried with and without being started the Antivirus software (F-Prot ) 

No luck.

Does anybody have an idea what is causing this ?

It seems I will not able even to test it....
:(

brgds
A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AlexPPC
Level 2
Wow, I finished the drama !

What I did after all from above:
-Uninstall BESR8.55 despite the errors appearing.
-MANUALLY DELETED the folder it has created in: Program Files(86). There were still staying some drivers and other stuff.
-Unstalll an application for use of image files, called VirtualCloneDrive. I don't know whether it cases or not the problem. Just in case.
-Restart.
-Install from scratch BESR8.55.
-Restart.
-Update to IE8 again.
-Done !

I have now have a working copy of  BESR8.55 !

Thank Chris again, for encouraging me !

Brgds
A

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
Can you manually start the service? If this also fails, what error do you see in the event logs?

Might be worth running fixinstall.bat which you can find in \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery

AlexPPC
Level 2

Hi, Chris, really appreciate your reply.
 I was so desperate after spending six hours in trying to reinstall the program and different OS components with no luck.
No I have your new ideas. Thank you !

What i did following them:
-Uninstall IE8 and Uninstall IE Toobar.
-Go to services. Found three in total, related to BESR:
---BackupExec System Recovery (stopped;Automatic)
---SymantecSnapVSS Provider (stopped;Manual)
---SymSnap Service   (stopped:Manual)
-Has set them all to : (Start;Automatic).
But when try to set the first service to: Start, the error message appeared:  "Error1053: The service did not respond on time, on a request for start or manage " ( the words may differ as I am translating it from another language, but guess you get the sentence. The server 2008 is set to a different than English language).
-Then I tried your second suggestion: to start teh .bat file in the application folder. It started normally, the cmd window was full of comands and actions, but when the following line was reached, the error message from the title (Runtime Error...) appeared again:
"C:\ProgramFiles\(x86)\Symantrec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent>VProSvc/service /start=auto

What I can do more ? 

brgds
A

P.S. I have to mention that I got the runtime Error even when uninstalling the app.

AlexPPC
Level 2
Wow, I finished the drama !

What I did after all from above:
-Uninstall BESR8.55 despite the errors appearing.
-MANUALLY DELETED the folder it has created in: Program Files(86). There were still staying some drivers and other stuff.
-Unstalll an application for use of image files, called VirtualCloneDrive. I don't know whether it cases or not the problem. Just in case.
-Restart.
-Install from scratch BESR8.55.
-Restart.
-Update to IE8 again.
-Done !

I have now have a working copy of  BESR8.55 !

Thank Chris again, for encouraging me !

Brgds
A

criley
Employee Accredited
Glad you got it working - can you please mark this thread as solved :)