cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error for EasyInstaller.exe on Windows 2003 Server 64-bit Standard Edition

Dennis_Yau
Level 2

When we try to install Management Control(7.0.1.21816) to a Windows 2003 Server 64-bit Standard Edition using “EasyInstaller.exe”,  the installation process quit when running “Extracting setup files…”. The following is extracted from the loader.log file.

2007-10-23 14:14:33  [SYSER] [CleanupTempFiles         ] –

Failed to delete the file: C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller\BootStrap.exe LastError 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

5 REPLIES 5

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Hello Dennis,

The Management Control installation can be done manually if the EasyInstaller fails.

Cheers,
Rich L

Dennis_Yau
Level 2

Hello Rich,

I follow the instructions to manually install the Management Control. However, the agent failed to register to the Manager server. I check the event log shows the following:
Error E339197C: An error occurred while publishing. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Unable to register computer. Invalid passcode. Unable to register computer. Invalid passcode.

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery Management Control

I double check the BESR Manager certificate did installed in the local computer certificate store. Also, according to the stated procedure, the CertImport log returing with retval 0. Furthermore, I use "msiexec.exe /i "Management Control.msi" address=https:%1:%2"

where I have tried %1 using Netbios name, IP address and Fully Qualified Domain Name, although the certificate shows only the IP address.

I have checked also the registry "EPC" value is same as other managed computer.

Besides that, I cannot successfully run the live-update from the installed BESR. The download process is completed but the installation crash again and again. Checking the event log shows:

Detection of product '{A8EA8A55-FDBE-4875-B598-DDC15B298270}', feature 'Shared' failed during request for component '{C69D571F-7A4E-43ED-A540-B86501E30FDE}'

The BESR version installed in the 64-bit windows server 2003 is 7.0.0.20351. I experience some problem in joining the agent to the Manager Server in the 32-bit computer without live-update the BESR first. Our orther managed computer BESR version are 7.0.2.23035

Since I cannot updated the BESR , I cannot confirm the problem is related to version of the BESR installed. 

I also check using the PublisherUI.exe but also failed.

Should there be any solution to solve the problems in the 64-bit windows?

Regards,

Dennis

Davidoo
Level 2
Hello
I have the same problem with BESR v 7.0.3 but in 32bits not in 64bits.
Clients are W2K SP4 and W2K3 SP2 Servers.
I applied the Symantec KB n° 293334 and 297163, but it doesnt work.

prome
Level 2
Mine is with 2000 Server SP4. I did the instructions on Document ID 292816. This was the only way it would publish, but it carried over the info from the server i took the registry entry on. it also gave errors trying to perform a backup so i am trying to find a new way.

prome
Level 2
Download EasyInstaller.exe to C:\. Open command prompt and run easyinstaller.exe -verbose. You will get an error. Do not hit ok. Browse to the folder were the log is and there is a loader.exe file. Double click it. When then installer box dissappears hit ok on the oroginal error and you should get a message that Managment Control installed successfully.