cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Key Problem : Upgraded from BESR 8 to BESR 2010 trial

rammer47
Level 2

Registered and received email with attachment;

License Key:  Download Attached Symantec License File  (18681989.zip)

When I unzip the file I get           a    .slf file.   (1kb size)

The email with the file attachment above states,  “The .slf file contained within the .zip file is the actual license file that must be implemented in your product to make it function.”

When I attempt to open the .slf file using WinRAR, I get the message:  ERROR  “the archive is either in unknown format or damaged.”

How do I get the License Key?

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

You need to contact our customer care team:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_information.jsp

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Contact licensing department at 1-800-721-3934 option 2. Provide your customer number or order number and they will be able to give the license key for your product.

Linas
Level 6

I have had Symantec products for ten years and I have seen these file many times

It is some sort of key I have never used but Symantec always send’s them when ever you renew or upgrade and they send that message  

“The .slf file contained within the .zip file is the actual license file that must be implemented in your product to make it function.” 

You need a Serial Number you should get this in an email from support in PDF format with a name like ########_WF_CERT_NAME.pdf

This will give you access to download Symantec software 

license keys is like a CD key for windows  you should get from Symantec Global Enterprise Customer Care this will license your software not the .slf

I have never implemented the file and support doesn’t bother with it they just start the process to get your serial number 

I have Backup Exec 2010, SEP 11.6 and the dreaded Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 With about 450 clients

Yet agene this shows Symantec’s lack or care about the customer

Sending confusing information to the customer and the inability to support the misinformation and lack of customer care

Linas
Level 6

Close

no way to make as a solution?