cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveState 6.0 is slowing down as it restores.

Brian_P
Not applicable
I am trying to restore a .v2i image and as the data are restored, the process is getting slower and slower. The creation only took about 4 hours for 50 GB. The restore is not going well and is getting slower by the hour.

I think the problem is the sheer number of individual folders I am trying to recover. There are about 1 million folders holding about 20 Kb of data in 7 files. Each folder represents 1 invoice or packing slip. The majority of the data were restored from DLT, but we discovered that back up did not work right  even though it said it did.

I am trying to restore about 150,000 folders from the .v2i image. As an example of the current restore speed, it took 24 hours to process folders 4717-8474. Yeah, ouch.

Because of the processor load on a server being accessed by users, I have been restoring from and XP machine using the V2iBrowser.exe as suggested in another message. Some of the forum messages suggest a bug in the restore process that is causing the slow downs. Does the 7.01 version decompress at a faster rate? Would someone from Symantec be able to send me this if so?

I am in a real pickle and need some help.

Sincerely,

Brian
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Does the restore go faster if you restore the entire *.V2i recovery point image, as a whole, to a temporary data volume not through the recovery point browser but in the recovery environment using the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD)? Then from this data volume, not only are the file attributes restore, then it would be just a matter of using Windows explorer to move the needed files to their corresponding sub-directories.