cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveState Recovery 6 and Windows 2008 Server problems

Asaf
Level 2

Hello,

I have upgraded Windows 2003 server to Windows 2008 Server where LiveState Recovery 6 was installed on the Windows 2003 server.

Now, on the Windows 2008 Server I am receiving the error:

Description: Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session. Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system. Error EC8F03EC: Cannot initialize the Storage Management Engine. Error EBAB03E9: Internal Application Error: Memory Access Violation c0000005: Application tried to read memory at 5b4b5b20.
Details: 0xEBAB03E9
Source: LiveState Recovery

Thanks in Advanced for any help.

Asaf

5 REPLIES 5

marcogsp
Level 6
Sorry Asaf, but I think you are out of luck.  I belive the earliest version of this product that was compatible with Windows 2008 was BESR version 7.0.  Since the Windows 2008 code base is based on Windows Vista, this would also apply to any Windows Vista workstations you have.  I wish the news were better, but I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade your intalllation of BESR in order to continue imaging this server with a Symantec offering

aunger1
Level 2
I have been using Livestate for several years to backup 2 servers. About a week ago one of the servers will no longer connect or even see its own drives through Livestate. The "Agent Status" shows-object is not connected to server and it does not show an agent version or serial number like the other server (that is working) shows. I tried re-installing with no luck.

aunger1
Level 2
I have been using Livestate for several years to backup 2 servers. About a week ago one of the servers will no longer connect or even see its own drives through Livestate. The "Agent Status" shows-object is not connected to server and it does not show an agent version or serial number like the other server (that is working) shows. I tried re-installing with no luck.

criley
Employee Accredited
Yes, but are you talking about the server(s) that you upgraded to W2K8? If so, as marcogsp pointed out, you are running LSR on an unsupported platform.

W2K8 support started with BESR 8.0.

nobilis
Level 2
Greetings, I have a similar situation running Symantec BESR 6.5 on SBS 2003.  I had a W3SVC related crash that involved me shutting down rebooting my server.  Upon reboot I got the "Agent Status: Object is not connected to Server message", no serial number listed etc.  when i launched the backup exec to see if my backups were back on track. They were not.  The solution I used prior (last week, still working on W3SVC issue) was to unistall/reinstall the BESR software. It then worked.  This time, I would hope there might be a way to get it back on track without reinstalling it.

This is a very recent development. It's been running very well over the past couple years (after applying available patches).

Also, as a side note.  In the past, whenever I rebooted my server, invariably the Exchange Store would fail to start.  After unistalling the BESR 6.5 software and rebooting, that behavior went away, only to return after reinstalling BESR 6.5.  This is something I can live with, but since I was asking for help, I thought I would throw that in.  Thanks so much for any assistance.