cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Drive rotation best practices

cddefo2
Level 3
I set up 3 indentical backup schedules, BU1, BU2, BU3.   They all have Mon-Fri running data backups and storing to a USB drive respectively named the same as the Job name.  Saturday it runs a new Recovery Point and Monday the drive is swapped with the next drive and repeat.   All drives have now been used at least once and seem to be working fine.  All 3 jobs start everytime, but only the job with the corresponding drive finishes because it can find it's respective drive.   Now everytime I logon to the server I am prompted with the alert asking if I want to run the missed backups (the 2 that didn't finish becuase the drive is stored away.)  How do you stop this?  What is the best way to handle drive rotations?  I also receive anywhere from 4-6 emails per day about the backup status, this is annoying.   I don't want all alerts turned off completely, because I need that 1, just 1, email that says backup was successful.

This scenario has to be common to many and I sure hope I'm doing something wrong, or Symantec has fixed this in version 2010!

0 REPLIES 0