cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage to server thast intsall system recovery with System Recovery Manager

savas_cucum
Level 3
Hi,

How to manage Server that is installed System recovery server 7.0 with System Recovery Manager but not install Easyinstaller to server.

Thanks

Savaş
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

In order for a client to be managed by BESR Manager, it must have both the core BESR application installed, and it must also have Manageement Control installed (this is the piece that facilitates manager/client communication).

While the BESR application may be installed in several different ways, the Management Control piece must be installed via an Easy Installer package from the system hosting the BESR Manager server.  The Easy Installer package includes "phone home" information required for the "client" system to communicate back with the "servdr" system.

Thanks.

savas_cucum
Level 3
Thanks Bill,

I couldnt understand clearly,

i must  install easyinstaller package to manage servers with manager, ok?

and when server already installed Core Application BESR, first uninstall BESR, isnt it?
Or while Easy installer package is installing, first uninstall BESR than install package

am i right?

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

If the system you want to manage already has the core Backup Exec System Recovery product installed, then the only piece you need to install is Management Control.  You shouldn't need to reinstall BESR.

There is an easy installer that only inlcludes management control available by default from the download center page of the BESR Manager server.

Thanks.