cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting restore points fails in BESR 2010

softdes
Level 3

I have BESR 2010 running on a Win7 x64 machine, brand new install. Backups run fine.

When I go to mount a recovery point using the "Recover my files"  link in BE's console, I get two consecutive error message dialogs:

"Cannot mount eh rrecovery point ([My Book]\Backup Exec SR\<restore point name>.v2i
Result (0xe98f0032 21 RPAM_ERR_MOUNT_FAILED Args [1] Arg (0xbab0006 0x80010105);)"

and

"All available drives letters are currently used. Cannot explore (C:\) from the recovery point."

I can mount the same recovery points, however, using the Recovery Point Browser.

Has anybody seen this error before? If so, what was the fix?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

clay1
Level 4
Check your backup destination and see if you have an RPAM_Store.dat file in there.  I've noticed that BESR 2010 is creating this file at the end of a base or incremental image.  I've never seen this file before and I couldn't find any info searching these forums or the net.

softdes
Level 3

I do not have that file in the destinationd drive.

Lancorp
Level 2
softdes,

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I have EXACTLY the same problem, on at least two different SBS 2008 servers.  Cannot load recovery points using "Recover My Files", get the same error message.  But, using the Recovery Point Browser, they open fine.

Anyone have a solution to this?

So far, I have not been thrilled with BESR 2010.  BackupExec seems more intuitive and stable.