cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Backup Destinations?

David_Mackey
Level 3
   I like the new Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 7 but there is still one major feature it seems to be lacking. I'd like to submit a feature request, or if it exists if someone could explain where exactly I can find it I would greatly appreciate it.
   I'd like to use portable NAS devices (e.g. Buffalo Tech/Iomega/LaCie) to backup onto, then take them off-site, the same holds true for removable storage devices (e.g. firewire, usb, eSATA drives). However, when I remove the drive I still want backups to occur. Is there a way to have System Recovery fail over to a secondary backup medium if the first is unavailable? Kind of the concept of storage pools in Backup Exec 11d? The backup will attempt to occur over any available medium in its storage group, even if one or more mediums is unavailable at the time.
   Having this capability would be a great boon. It would save me from having to go in and modify the path of the backup every tiume I removed one storage device and replaced it with another and then swapped them back again.
David.
2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  I'll add this to our enhancement request list.

Thanks.

Douglas_Hartley
Level 3
I'd also like to see multiple backup destinations as an option, but with the capability to backup to two destinations with one job.