cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about this product

guitarest
Level 2

I have a 2003 SBS that has suffered a data loss due to Gustav and even though I used MS Ntback.exe to have a very good backup program I just found out after the storm even though my data was verified and assumed good back ups, they are close to being trash. I have searched all over MS web site, Technet, and the web to find out there are many issues with this program. Since this is pretty much BE Lite, the server functions but since the storm my SQL and a few other programs have stopped working. I even applied the hotfix from MS and nothing works. Is your product compatable with my exhisting dat tapes? I don't even know whats on them other than they were verified by NtBackup prior to the storm.

Any help would be a good thing. I tried calling the Customer 800 number and ask the same question and the only answer I got from those people is that they can not give out free tech support. I do not want free tech support I need my data back and need to purchase something real soon because of the work stoppage situation.

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec System Recovery does not work directly with tape data. BEWS server does, and may be able to read information created from your NTBackup, but at this point you are likely looking at a data recovery service to see if they are able to recover the data off the tape directly.