cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Anywhere?

S_Smith66
Level 2
I've recently purchased Recovery Manager v7.03, and have successful restored an image to another machine (identical hardware).  I'm trying to restore this image to a different machine (different hardware), and have realised i need to use 'restore anywhere'? 

I can't find this option either within the Manager during image creation (Server) or boot up cd during image restoring.  I've read that this feature is included within V7, but can't find it at all?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The Restore Anyware option is built into the agent in version 7 and is activated for that agent when a license is assigned to it. To invoke the Restore Anyware option, within the recovery environment, after selecting to the menu option to recover my computer, choose VIEW | By Filename instead of by system or by date. Select your image, click next on the summary screen, select the unallocated space you want to restore to, and then you should have a dialog box asking you if you want to use the restore Anyware option before proceeding to the remaining restore options to select from; previous versions show the restore Anyware option at the same time as the rest of the restore options to use during the restore process.