cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Calendar Entries from a Mailbox

Jack_Fromm
Level 2
Well, today I discovered to my utter dismay that the BESR GRO does not restore Calendar, Contacts, Tasks or Notes items from within a mailbox and, according to a reply in this forum, Symantec has no plans to include this ability in the future.  So what do I need to be able to have this ability?  Does the regular Backup Exec software with the Exchange agent and GRT have this ability?
1 REPLY 1

wlazara
Not applicable
This has to be one of the most egregious cases of shady marketing I have ever encountered in 10+ years of working with shady software companies.

Calendar and Contact items are left out of GRO?  You have got to be kidding me.  The literature for BESR2010 clearly leads one to believe that any folder/item/mailbox can be restored.

Does this mean that a "mailbox" restored via GRO simply has mail folders in it and nothing else?  Ridiculous!  Anyone who thinks the contacts/calendar folders are not every bit as important as the email folders needs their head examined.

I am blown away by this and now I have Symantec code on my Exchange server that I'm sure an uninstall won't get rid of, and it will probably conflict with DPM or Backup Exec if I choose to go that route instead, if my past experience with software in yellow boxes is any indication.

WOW!