cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring an overwrited computer object

Clemente_Carril
Level 2
Dear all,

We mistakenly restore a BESR 8.0 to a different hardware,  it overwrited the computer object and now the original computer is not in the domain.

I'ts a sharepoint sql passive cluster node, and I really appreciate a reference or orientation about how to deal with this.

Sincerely
Clemente Carrillo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marcogsp
Level 6
Is it safe to say that you were testing a restore to different hardware on your production network?  Then afterward, you removed the recoverd computer and tried to attach the original to the netwok?  This practice is not advised but it is fairly easy to fix.

From Active Directory Users and Computers, click on the computer account that appears to be overwritten to select it.  Right-Click and then click Reset Account from the drop down menu.

Then from the affected server, log on as the local administrator (not a domain admin account).  Join the computer to a workgroup and the rejoin it to the domain again. You may have to reboot a bouple of times, but that should resync the original server with the domain again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

marcogsp
Level 6
Is it safe to say that you were testing a restore to different hardware on your production network?  Then afterward, you removed the recoverd computer and tried to attach the original to the netwok?  This practice is not advised but it is fairly easy to fix.

From Active Directory Users and Computers, click on the computer account that appears to be overwritten to select it.  Right-Click and then click Reset Account from the drop down menu.

Then from the affected server, log on as the local administrator (not a domain admin account).  Join the computer to a workgroup and the rejoin it to the domain again. You may have to reboot a bouple of times, but that should resync the original server with the domain again.

Clemente_Carril
Level 2
Thank you very much, It worked as far as I tested. The clustering services are up and running, but apears an error within sharepoint but I guess we can deal with it