cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 Backup Destination - Drive Mgt. Problem

Daria9000
Level 3

I attached a USB drive to my NAS (the backup destination for BESR 2011 and, now, SSR 2011) so I could copy a recovery point. (I used the copy option from the Manage Backup Destination Tasks - selecting a recovery point & then choosing Copy. Yes, I know there is an off-site copy function, but I had forgotten its existence.) Now SSR has made that USB drive the default, or first, drive for backup destination maintenance tasks. Worse. The software won't run - it hangs - if the USB drive is not attached to the NAS. I don't want to keep the USB drive permanently attached to the NAS. The whole point of the exercise was to copy a backup set to another device for offsite storage. I can't find any way to tell the SW that 1) the NAS is the primary destination point and/or 2) I don't want it to look for the USB drive (unless I'm attaching it for a restore). This is not a small issue. In a few months, I plan to retire this NAS and replace it with another. Then I will turn NAS1 off - unless/until I need to recover something from it. NAS2 will become my one and only backup destination and will have a different name. So I need to know how to tell SSR 2011 to "forget" the existence of a backup destination. HELP.

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need to go to TOOLS/Manage Backup Destination. From there you can remove/move your recovery points and then delete the destination.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to solve your problem ?

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Will be easy for policy reconfiguration.