cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server or Client issue?

LukeW
Level 4
28/09/2009 03:33:35 High Priority Error: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: SERVERNAME. Error E7D1001E: Unable to read from file. Error EBAB03F1: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Error E7D1001E: Unable to read from file. 0xE7D1001E (Backup Exec System Recovery)

From the following error message would you assume this was the management server or the client running out of system resources?

We have tried upgrading to 8.5.5 and still have this issue.
Auto verification is on.

The server backup jobs are staggered.

We are at out wits end with this error, and its happening on 3 other servers backing up in the region of 250-300Gb FULL image.
Any help would be tops
5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited
This is most likely to be a client problem (the server being backed up).

Do all backups fail with this error? If not, is there any pattern to the failures?

LukeW
Level 4
Thanks for the reply.

Nothing has changed with regards to the hardware of either the client or the server. The only thing changed is the update to 8.5.5?
No real pattern other than the servers its happening on are the big file servers , as I said before backing up around 260-300Gb.

We are going to purchase 3Gb of RAM for the management server and turn of auto verfication.

criley
Employee Accredited
I don't think adding more RAM to the management server is going to help here.

Also, you only partially answered my question:

Do all backups fail with this error? If not, is there any pattern to the failures?

Have you checked the application and system event logs around the time of the failure to see if there are any clues to what could be causing this issue?

LukeW
Level 4
Sorry Chris.

Not all backups fail with this error. The majority of the servers backup successfully.

There is nothing on the event log on the management server.
On the client is a HIGH Prioirty warning.

"Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: LINCOLN-AREAS2. Error E7D1001E: Unable to read from file. Error EBAB03F1: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Error E7D1001E: Unable to read from file.

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery"

Only thing I notice starting at the same time is Virtual Disk Service?

criley
Employee Accredited
Actually, I meant to check the event log on the client server that is failing. There could be a memory issue that is causing this.