cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011

venkat444
Level 4

We are using SSR 2011 and I am unable to do granular restore on my exchange. When I try to mount the Recovery point it gets stuck on the "Preparing storage group". Is this a known issue?

Regards

Venkatesh

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

Obvious question; how long have you waited?

There is one known issue which might match what you are seeing:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153610

venkat444
Level 4

Chris

On three occasions I waited more than 1/2 hr and gave up. Looking at the article I will try and leave it for longer to see even if we can restore to get some confidence. Also, since I have not gone as far as looking at the e-mail to restore. If we let it progress, does it allows us to select from which days backup we want to restore? does this take equally longer time as it had not given me any option to select any specific file.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkat444
Level 4

Chris

It nearly took 2 hrs before I could see anything and it picked up the latest recovery point on the storage device. I specifically wanted to go to a different date and as soon as I select a different date it run through the whole process again and takes another 2 hrs before it displays anything. How far away is Symantec in finding out a solution to this issue?

Regards

Venkatesh

criley
Employee Accredited

I've confirmed that there are currently no plans to fix this issue in the current version of the product. The plan is to fix this in the next major release.

Please add yourself (via the 'Me Too' option) here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/granular-restore-option-gro-hangs-preparing-storage-group-stage-approximately-2-hours

Sorry that I don't have better news for you.

cipit
Level 2

I have a similar issue in the screen shot attached to this item. However, when it reaches the "Preparing Storage Group", a very generic message appears saying: "Error in the application". When I click on OK, it continues to say "Preparing Storage Group..." in the bottom left of the window but nothing ever happens. 

I can browse files using "Files and Folders", it is only the GRO Exchange Mail section with the error. 

- It is a base image of exchange C (14gb image) and D drives (410GB image)

- Exchange 2010 and SSR 2011

Any ideas?

criley
Employee Accredited

You will almost certainly need to open a support case for this.

The root cause is likely to be in one of the debug logs and this is not something that can be easily worked on via the forums.