cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Management

TalioGladius
Level 2
I'm trying out system recovery for a bare metal restore solution and I honestly love it so far.  The restore to new hardware is amazing.

However, if I decide to use this in my environment it will be for at least 100 windows servers.  I've yet to see a place to manage a large number of servers in one place with this product.  Having to click computer and select each machine and manage them individually just isn't feasible.

Is there anything out there that will do this that I may have missed?
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
The recently released BESR 7.0 product includes (as a separate purchase) a manager component called Backup Exec System Recovery Manager (BESRM).

It is a 1-to-many management solution that allows you to logically group and manage groups of computers, instead of managing them only one at a time using the standard console.

You can manage up to 500 systems with a single instance of BESRM.

Thanks.

TalioGladius
Level 2
That sounds perfect.  Can you give me a link to more info on the website?

Is there an eval version?  I have to get approval and show this thing off if I'm to get it approved.

BarrySchaeffer
Level 2
Bill,

I am trying to install a trial license of BESRM, but I cannot figure out how to begin.  The download zip file does not contain a standard SETUP.EXE, just a .ISO file.  I also cannot find any documentation about this product on the Symantec website.

I really would like to buy this software, because I have 46 licenses of BESR Desktop that I want to manage, but I'm getting weary of banging my head against the wall.

Help!

Barry Schaeffer
Fluke Corporation

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Can you tell me what the filename of the ISO is?

If you can burn the ISO to a CD (not just burn the ISO file to a CD, but rather use a CD-burning program to generate a CD from the contents of the ISO) then the product should install from that.  The resulting CD will have the SETUP.EXE and other files you would expect.

Most CD-burning programs will refer to the process of creating a CD from an ISO file as "burn an image" or something.

Thanks.

BarrySchaeffer
Level 2
Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I did burn the ISO to a CD, but it just created a data disk with an ISO file on it.  I will try to burn an image to a CD as you recommend, if I can find the right tool.

Barry

Guido_Langendor
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi Barry,
You can also use deamontools. This will create a CD/DVD drive and connect it to the ISO image. This is very much used in IT. You can find it on http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/index.php?
Deamontools willl install a scsi driver and needs to reboot. Please do read some of the documentation.

Regards