cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to cancel backup on SSR 2013 R2 SP4 on Win10 x64

John9090
Level 3

HI guys,

Well, I decided to backup a few folders from my local D drive to my USB F drive.

I started the backup and then decided that I needed to cancel the operation seeing that this option will not allow me to do incremental backups (as far as I can tell).

I click on Cancel and after 28 mintues of it saying "Cancel request accepted" or something like that, it had still not cancelled the job.

Now in the progress window where the CANCEL and HIDE buttons are, after I clicked on CANCEL, it grayed out. However, I decided to see how HIDE works, so I clicked HIDE and as expected the Window disappeared.

Now I know that the job is still trying to cancel so I go into VIEW -> Progress and Performance and the Window reappears BUT this time the status does not saying "Cancelling backup job" but instead it goes back to the "Starting Backup job", the previous status AND the CANCEL button which should have stayed GRAYED OUT is now clickable again!

So, clicking on it again changes the status to "Canceling backup job" and if you HIDE the window and bring it back, it reverts to "Starting Backup Job" and the CANCEL button is clickable again.

I know the CANCEL request is being registered by the system because each time I clicked CANCEL, it shows up in the EVENT log as a separate Information entry.

It shouldn't take close to a half hour to cancel a job unless there is something going on in the background that requires to finish.

Can someone please investigate this error?

0 REPLIES 0