cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 8.03 to 8.5

galbraithr
Level 3

I have BESR 8.03 and am trying to find out if i can download 8.5 as an upgrade or is this a new product, also i dont have the option to create a Recvoery Disc in the management console.

3 REPLIES 3

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

BESR 8.5 is a full install only. The in-place upgrade procedure removes the previous application completely.

Is the option to create a recovery disk greyed out or is it not even present?

galbraithr
Level 3

Hi Jon, thanks for reply.

1. Upgrade -  does it keep my list of clients.

2. BESR CD - I dont have any options, i am assuming that you use the management console to create the recvoery cd.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you using Backup Exec System Recovery Manager?

If you are using Backup Exec System Recovery Manager, you will not be able to create an SRD through the Management Console, it is created through the User Interface on the agent. To find this option, from the home tab click on 'Tasks' in the menu, then 'Create Recovery Disk'. The wizard will walk you though the process. Note that you need to have a recovery disk in order to create a custom recovery disk.

An upgrade of Manager will not retain your list of clients, 8.0 Management Control cannot communicate with 8.5 Management Console. Jobs, however, will be retained.

If you are using the agent to connect to other machines using the agent, you will have to reconnect them after all of them are updated to 8.5 or you will have to redeploy the 8.5 agents.