cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install BESR 8.5 on Vista x64 have SymSnapService terminated unexpectedly

Kelvinvvd
Level 2

I found I face a problem of SymSnapService terminated unexpectedly after I complete the installation of BESR 8.5 on Vista Ultimate x64 version (SP 1).

The error message: Windows could not start the SymSnapService service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The log: Windows NT  Version 6.0 Build: 6001 Service Pack 1
            Product (0x1): Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
            Edition: Ultimate
            BuildString: 6001.18063.amd64fre.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930
            Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
            Architecture: X64
            LCID: 1033

Did anyone face the same problem? How can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

Kelvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Instructions on creating a one time backup from the recovery environment start on page 85 of the User Guide, which is available for download at the following location; http://support.veritas.com/docs/305673

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Was this an upgrade from 8.0 or a fresh installation?

Kelvinvvd
Level 2

It's a fresh install. Are there any difference between fresh install and upgrading? Thanks for your help first

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee
Yes, but a fresh install is preferred.  Were you logged in as the full administrator when you installed BESR?

Kelvinvvd
Level 2

Yes, I have logged in as full administrator to install the BESR..., but I think the problem is on the service pack 1 of Vista x64. This issue disappear after uninstall the SP1!!! And I have tested install the BESR 8.5 on VMware workstation 6 with the guess system Vista x64 sp1 was no such issue.... Are there any hardware driver conflict between the BESR 8.5 and the Vista x64 sp1? Many thanks.

Regards,

Kelvin

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hardware driver conflicts typically no, software driver conflicts sometimes, so with 8.5 if you suspect a possible conflict you might want to consider prior to install use 8.5's cold imaging feature to create an image of the system before installing.

Kelvinvvd
Level 2

How can I perform a cold imaging on BESR 8.5?

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Instructions on creating a one time backup from the recovery environment start on page 85 of the User Guide, which is available for download at the following location; http://support.veritas.com/docs/305673