cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of variables

Aaron_Davies_2
Level 3
Is there any way to use variables like %computername% in the backup destination paths?  I would like 1 job to manage 4 servers but would like the destinations to be different.
3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

A backup job is a set of instructions assigned to an agent via the Manager console by way of the Manager server. Be sure that within the define Backup Job wizard| Backup Destination Window the default option, ‘Create subfolder for each computer,’ is checked. This enables the agent to create and name a subfolder base on its %computer name% value, at the storage location if one does not already exist. The agent will then store its specific recovery point image and index files into this sub-folder for ease of management. If you need four agents to go to four different storage locations or shares four separate backup jobs, reflecting the different storage locations, would be needed.

Aaron_Davies_2
Level 3
Hi David, thanks for the response.
I am using v8.0.0.24933 and cannot see this option!  It sounds exactly what I need though, can you be more precise as to where it is?

This is what I get...

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
When you create a new backup job, after selecting the drives you want to backup, as long as the storage location is seen as a network share, you should see within the Backup destination screen at the bottom left the check box, "Create subfolder for each computer," to select.