cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BESR 2010 / 2013 with a NAS (Icybox brand)

RMcP
Level 3

Anyone have experience of doing a boack, offsite or other method with BESR 20134 and a NAS device?

I an trying belt and braces,

1,. An external drive via  a USB sock, this works fine. and.

2. A NAS box over a network.

Option 2 is the problem, I have contacted support but they were unable to help. If anyone has experience of similar I wouls aporeciate help.

I can set up and configure the NAS to accept the backup, paths, user ids and passwords, but when it comes to running a backup to it, it fails.

(I will update this post with those codes later) If anyone has tried a NAS backup and couold help, I'd be very happy.

Thanks. P.

22 REPLIES 22

RMcP
Level 3

Anderas, - Crhis,

Sorry for the delay in the response, I've been out of the country and since getting back other things have come up.

Andreas,

I can locate the file you asked about, but can you tell me if there is any way of 'reading' the content. In Notepad it lookd like gobbledegook. Obviously I am concewrend about posting (potentially) personal info.

Chris.The path I use for the backup destination is along the lines of x/me/mybackups

When I configured it, it asked for login info which worked fine.

I will try testing with the IP if I can to see if this works at all.

Rob.

RMcP
Level 3

Tried a test with FTP / IP, still getting errors.

I may just have to admit defeat on this and manually copy files to the NAS from the backup.

criley
Employee Accredited

I can locate the file you asked about, but can you tell me if there is any way of 'reading' the content. In Notepad it lookd like gobbledegook. Obviously I am concewrend about posting (potentially) personal info.

That log is encrypted and can only be read by Symantec staff.