cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using latest System Recovery Disk to restore an image backup taken from a previous version

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

I have two questions from a customer asking about restore from an image backup taken from an older version of System Recovery but want to use the latest System Recovery 18 SRD. I appreciate the feedbacks to these.

Q1: Is the System Recovery 18 System Recovery Disk  (SRD) compatible to restore image backups taken from older versions of System Recovery? My customer has an image backup taken from System Recovery Server 2011 and wants to use the latest System Recovery 18 SRD to do a full restore. Is this possible? If not, would they or should they use the recovery disk created from 2011?

Q2: Do we know if the Broadcom BCM5709C Network driver are implemented in both the 2011 and 2018 System Recovery Disk? If not, does this driver need to be installed into the recovery disk?

Thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Out of my experience  the restore should work. I don't know whether the chip is included in SSR 2011, but if you need network connectivity you need to load it before. With VSR18 you can add drivers when creating the SRD since with this VSR version no ready-to-use SRD is provided due to Microsoft restrictions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Out of my experience  the restore should work. I don't know whether the chip is included in SSR 2011, but if you need network connectivity you need to load it before. With VSR18 you can add drivers when creating the SRD since with this VSR version no ready-to-use SRD is provided due to Microsoft restrictions.