cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper way to upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2?

PrimeInc
Level 3

BESR 2010:  How do I properly upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2?

On one 32BIT XP PC I ran LUALL and it updated.  On the rest it didn't.   I installed 9.0.2 on top of 9.0.1 on a Vista 64 PC and that was ok, however my Win7 64 BIT got a 1603 one time then said succesful another but remained 9.0.1 after a reboot.

I can uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot manually, however I am trying to script this upgrade with Zenworks.

My install string which works is;

"%installpath%\install\Setup.exe" /s /v" /qn AddLocal=Console,Shared,Agent,Browser,LiveUpdate,BESRConsoleShortCut,BESRSecurityShortCut,BESRBrowserShortCut"

This upgrades XP 32 ok.  I am looking for an upgrade command line which works with Win7 64BIT.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, you could capture the MSI logfile of a manual upgrade on Win7x64 and take a look there if there a any differences to a "normal" installation.

PrimeInc
Level 3

Hmm..   I'm not sure how to manually upgrade Win7x64 either.   I had to remove, reboot, reinstall, reboot.    Unlike XP which installs on top just fine.

I guess I could remove 9.0.1 using msiexec /X   and then reinstall.    Though that will only work for me if MSIEXEC /X keeps the BESR settings.   Time for testing, I suppose.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Definitely !h

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

JB-ITGroupNW
Level 3
Partner

I just downloaded the 9.0.2 software from Symantec and did an in-place upgrade of the software from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 on my Windows 2008 R2 Server box. After extracting the installation file, I ran the EXE and install knew it was an upgrade (had me confirm I wanted to upgrade the software) and the procedure went completely smooth.