cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing Recovery Point direct to DVD

Mr_H1
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a Win2k3 R2 SP2 server with BESR v6.5 installed.  When I try to create the rcovery point direct to DVD I get the following error:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery point for job: C Drive backup.  Error E7D10032: Unable to open a new track for writing on removable media.  Be sure that the meida is compatible with the device and that it is properly insterted.  The device must also support either the variable or fixed packet writing.

Details: 0xE7D10032

I am also unable to use the CD Burning Wizard via Explorer as all that states is No Blank Media in drive when trying to write.

I have confirmed that the drive works by booting into a WinPE environment and using a 3rd party tool and can write to both CD and DVD without issue.  I also installed the BESR product on to my laptop, and the same thing has happend, I can no longer burn to blank media of any description.  In fact I even tried upadting the Gear Software drivers but that made no difference and since uninstalling the updated drivers, BESR plus restoring my registry the drive in my laptop is still unable to write to blank media (thankfully I have a backup image of my laptop to restore to).

The key thing is trying to get this working on the Windows 2003 Server, Device Manager shows the drive as an HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N.

If anyone has any ideas, its much appreciated.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Check and see if a 3rd party program is capable of writing the recoveyr point images to DVD. You may need to use the recovery point browser to recompile the image into smaller spans to fit on the media in question. If you run into issues using this method, see if removing the device and when redetected apply the updated drivers for the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N itself is possible.