cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec backup Failure Code 1

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Hey,

I am to SSR MS 2011.I need Help...I am Successful in  Add From my AD 2003,all Computers to SSR-MS and also Installed Plug-ins on tham...but problem is this..when I am Create a policy..assign a target define Schedule...... on agent gives a Error

And on Quick Backup.....Gives This Error "No Computers or targets with Computers were assigned."

Need...Help.......

14 REPLIES 14

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you give more detail on this.

On the client machine did you install SSR-MS plugin and SSR. I see the Symantec Management Agent (SMA) which is throwing the error.

Do you have the Symantec System Recovery service up and running on the client machine?

Try restarting the SMA service (Altiris Agent).

From Command prompt navigate to C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\ and register "AeXAgentDiagnostics.dll" and run "regsvr32 -s AeXAgentDiagnostics.dll"

Now when you right click on SMA on the system try you should get "Diagnostics" click on "LogViewer"

Check the Policies Tab and see if the policy is been correctly updated on the client machine

Also you can check NSwebconfig tab if it's reporting to the correct Notification server, by default it should be your MS server.

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Thx NeerThadarai

Sir.......Yes , I have all done this but now the problem is still coming...

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

I think Problem in Share Folders(Network Destinations) on Client Side After Starting Backup Show me This Error...........

Kindly Pls Tel me About Share Permissions.

and This is my Server Backup.Configration

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try to add the following lines to the before backup job of the client:

net use * /d /y

Because it seems that there is already a connection to \\avserver.

yusufusmani
Level 4

The Above error message is related to multiple user try to acces single network connection on same computer

I think u r in same situation.

for e.g.

If your PC is not in domain, and u have accessed a shared drive with your network login as domain\username and at the same time u access another share where you user domain\administrator.

In this case the above message pops up. see. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938120 which is related to the above error.

Regards,

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

thanks for your Replay....

Sir,As u say....I was Add the command to Backup Policy.

and than Event Give me This Error.................. :(

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Backup of C:. Error EC8F0401: The command file (before data capture) failed to execute. Error EBAB00CA: Unable to execute command """ ". Error EBAB03F1: The parameter is incorrect.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you created a CMD file with the command and specified the CMD file as a before backup command ?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

I didn't Create Command file but i was add Command to backup policy>command file Setting.......

Can u pls tell how to Create Command file for Symantec......

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK:

1)Uncheck "use command file package"

2) Create a file called pre.cmd with the following content on the client in a folder of your choice e.g. C:\temp\pre.cmd:

net use * /d /y

3) Enter the path to the file e.g. C:\temp in the field "command files folder"

4) Enter pre.cmd in the field "Run before snapshot creation"

5) Have a go !

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Jaza Kal Allah For your Replay.....

Sir....

I have one Bakcup Server.With One TB HDD.I want to centralised backup.....From Every PC to My Backup Server.

But Problem  is that When i Create policy.assessing computer......and Give them local Computer Destination like.E:\Symantec Backup(on local Computer)" A scheduled base recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully."

Whan i give tham Server Destination.e.g \\abcserver\\symantc\ and F:\Local Storage\ (This both are Server Folder Destination)

Backup Event Show this Error "Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Backup of C:, D:. Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point. Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\abcserver\symantec backup store. Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again"

If this NTFS Permission Issue than pls guide me about folder permission........

Thank you...in advance

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited

are you backing up a network drive (mapped drive)?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Creating Backup Point On Network Backup Destination Access problem...

On Local Computer.....E:\Symantec Backup(on local Computer)" A scheduled base recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully

Whan i give tham Server Destination.e.g \\abcserver\\symantc\ (SSR-MS 2011 Server Folder Destination)

Backup Event Show The Following Error "Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Backup of C:, D:. Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point. Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\abcserver\symantec backup store. Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again"

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried the command file ?

1)Uncheck "use command file package"

2) Create a file called pre.cmd with the following content on the client in a folder of your choice e.g. C:\temp\pre.cmd:

net use * /d /y

3) Enter the path to the file e.g. C:\temp in the field "command files folder"

4) Enter pre.cmd in the field "Run before snapshot creation"

5) Have a go !

jaydip_tayde
Not applicable

need help to resolve issue with error

Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

1.I have BESR 2010 Managemnet console and almost 100 managed nodes including Servers and desktops.

2.There are two domain users created on my domain controller. Initially i used  "User1"  for all configuration tasks like Altiris agent deployment, to push Plug-in and to deploy license.

3.My destination path is same machine where my Management console is installed i.e OS Win2003 Server, lets say "Manager1"

4.I have shared folder path \\Manager1\Folder1". User1 was having full control acess to this path and backup was working fine. But now my customer asked me create new user "User2" and aksed me not use prev user User1.

5.So now i started using User2 for all onfiguration tasks.User2 is having full permissions to " \\Manager1\Folder1" path. and User1 is no longer having valid access to above path.

With this new user whenever i start scheduled backup then backup start succesfully for 1 % with progress message as "succesfuly started creating creating recovery point and then waiting and the above error.

One of my observation on Management console machine is that - i observed that Open session user name alwys shows as "User1" but not "user1". That means evne though i am not using User1 still it holdes old information  and hence might be the root cause.

Please help me !!. I have spent lot of time on this but unable to get any success.

If i give both users rights to share folder then backup works fine without any error. but i want succesfull backup with only one user i.e user2. Can some help me and tell me what is workaroud and root cause for this issue.

I really appreacite your quick response.

Regards

Jaydip