cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failover use Veritas Resiliency Platform

HieuNV4
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Through research, I found that the Veritas Resiliency Platform solution is very suitable for my existing infrastructure. However I have only rehearsed the failover manual, I am in need of a fully automated process. Example When the VM on the DC side is down, it will go up on the DR site. Please send me the documentation to do it.

Thank you so much and Have a nice day.

2 REPLIES 2

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved it to a more suitable forum

M.

meuhassan
Level 4

Here are the steps on how to automate failover with the Veritas Resiliency Platform:

1. Create a failover plan. The failover plan specifies the VMs that you want to failover, as well as the steps that should be taken to failover the VMs.
  2. Create a failover policy. The failover policy specifies the conditions under which the failover plan should be executed. For example, you could create a failover policy that executes the failover plan if the VM on the DC side is down for more than 5 minutes.
  3. Create a failover test. The failover test verifies that the failover plan and failover policy are working correctly.
  4. Create a scheduled task. The scheduled task executes the failover plan at a specified time.

Here is an example of a failover plan:

VM Name | Failover Target
------- | --------
VM1 | VM1_DR
VM2 | VM2_DR

Here is an example of a failover policy:

Condition | Action
------- | --------
VM1 is down for more than 5 minutes | Execute the failover plan

Here is an example of a failover test:

1. Stop VM1 on the DC side.
2. Verify that VM1 is no longer running on the DC side.
3. Execute the failover plan.
4. Verify that VM1 is now running on the DR side.

Here is an example of a scheduled task:

At 12:00 AM every day, execute the failover plan.

Once you have created the failover plan, failover policy, failover test, and scheduled task, you can automate failover with the Veritas Resiliency Platform.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The failover plan, failover policy, failover test, and scheduled task must be stored in a repository.
  • The repository must be accessible to the Veritas Resiliency Platform.
  • The Veritas Resiliency Platform must be configured to use the repository.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.