The New Veritas Support Site Is NOW LIVE

Hi all,

We are thrilled to report that our new Veritas Support site is now live. Please provide any feedback you have here or via the Feedback (+) link on the right side of the site. We are really looking forward to hearing what you think and learning about what we need to do to keep improving the experience.

Thanks,
Kelly Romer

26 Replies

Re: The New Veritas Support Site Is NOW LIVE

Hi Kelly,

in Case Management our entitlements for TSPP are gone and 50% of our cases are now connected to wrong endcustomers.

KR

Kai

-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev

Kai, I sent you a private message. If you can provide some additional detail, I will see if we can get this resolved as soon as possible. Thanks, Kelly

I have used the Feedback link yesterday, but received no acknowledgement or feedback as yet. 

This is my issue: 

Google search for totally valid Netbackup options finds a number of relevant topics and URLs, e.g:

About Fibre Channel supported features on NetBackup Appliance
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000115291

Configuring Fibre Transport for optimized duplication and Auto Image ...
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000117113

Borh these URLs give 404 error.

Searching for these topics in the Search option of the Veritas Support site brings up a whole lot of JUNK. 
Nothing remotely relevant.

And yes, I have select NetBackup as the Product.

I totally understand the Google cache issue. This has happened previously with Veritas Technotes being moved. (Heaven knows why they keep on doing it... it certainly does NOT ensure improved user experience... )
A subsequent search of the Veritas Support site using the exact same text used to produce a list of the new URLs.

My real issue is with the search engine of the Veritas Support site that seems to be completely useless. 

Marianne - 

I've sent you a PM as we would like to follow up with you directly on your concerns.

Thanks for your question. There are two main causes of the problem you are experiencing: 

1. The majority of the "How-To" documents on the site before were actually extracts of content from product documentation. Since all documentation is now available in the Document Repository, these How-To documents were redundant. Therefore, the decision was made to not migrate them to the new system. Unfortunately, it was not possible to create redirects for these documents. Therefore, if you search on /Support for the old Article ID, or if you enter a URL with the old Article ID, you will get a 404 error.
  2. We are also having difficulties getting Google to "catch up" with the changes that were made to the content. So Google still thinks those old URLs are valid and presents them to users who search on Google. Clicking on one of these Google results will also lead to a 404.

All of that said, the content is actually available on Support. It is in the Documentation section. To find it, search for the title of the old Article. This will be the same as the title presented on Google, if you found it that way. In the majority of situations, you will find what you are seeking. 

Hi all,

I can't find any of my past cases anymore.

Nor an obvious place to report the issue.

Any help appreciated,

thanks Robert

Hi Robert-

I've sent you a private message so I can help address your issues further. Please reply back at your earliest convenience. 

Hi Kelly, 

what happened to the subscriptions of kb articles? 

Subscribing to kbs was pretty helpful in the past but this feature seems to have disappeared. Even https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/manage-subscriptions.html does not contain any details.

Will this be available again in a future update?

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

Hi Marc-

With the move to the new website we had to remove subscriptions temporarily. They are on the roadmap to be added back and is one of our highest priorities. Please stay tuned and once we have a solid date for release we will be sending out communications. 

-Brian

Hi Brian,

thanks for replying. We will wait for this.

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

Thank you Marianne. We are currently experiencing an outage that is impacting access to KB Articles. IT has been alerted, and is working on a resolution. No ETA at this time.

@Marianne, thanks for always engaging us on things you discover on the new support site. While we aren't happy about there being an outage, we are happy to have this engagement via VOX and our Feedback capabilities on the new site. We will get this addressed ASAP. And please do keep letting us know when you encounter issues or have suggestions for us!

Thanks @kellyromer

Hopefully there is some sort an alert system within Veritas Support to detect these outages?

Outage has been seen for most of our working day in EMEA. (It is almost 5pm at the moment.)

I guess forum posts and Support site feedback is only picked up during your working hours (+- GMT-8) ?

@Marianne, we do have alert systems and were (are) working internally. My team is still getting used to using VOX and other online tools for providing updates. I am sorry you had to endure this outage for so long without an update. We will get better at this. I ask for your patience as we do. Smiley Embarassed

@Marianne, the issue should be resolved now. Please let us know if you experience any additional problems. Again, we are sorry for the duration of this problem. And, we will continue to improve in how we communicate these problems to customers and partners via VOX.

Thanks a lot!
And another thank you for this forum where we can log issues.

@BrianWeber wrote:

Hi Marc-

With the move to the new website we had to remove subscriptions temporarily. They are on the roadmap to be added back and is one of our highest priorities. Please stay tuned and once we have a solid date for release we will be sending out communications. 

-Brian

Hi @BrianWeber

Any news on Subscriptions?

I used to rely on subscribtions w.r.t. updates to Compatibility lists, software patches and updates, etc.

I just learned that NetBackup 8.1.1 was released 10 days ago without any sort of public announcement (not that I have seen) or email notification.

Any chance that we will see this sometime soon? 

Hi @Marianne

We are currently working out a plan on subscriptions as well as other enhancements to the support site. I do not have a time frame but we hope to have subscriptions rolled out in the upcoming months. As soon as we finalize our plans we will be releasing details on when these features and enhancements will be rolled out.

Please stay tuned and as soon as we have information we will publish them out to VOX.

-Brian