cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a persistent exclude list for a Flex NetBackup instance?

TimWillingham
Level 5

Each time one of these is stopped and restarted, the /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list file is deleted.  The cp-nbu-config command does not work:

$ sudo /opt/veritas/vxapp-manage/cp-nbu-config exclude_list /usr/openv/netbackup/
Starting copy for exclude_list to /usr/openv/netbackup/
Error: Cannot copy file exclude_list.
The file does not seem to be a NetBackup configuration file.

Flex 3.3.1 and NBU 10.2.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Now I'm more curious. Why are you backing up the media server instance?
I assume you use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Otherwise, you do not have to use an exclude list.

I do not see any reason to backup the media server instance.
OK, maybe some configuration files, but not the entire instance. I do not remember when the last time I had to backup a media server was.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

StefanosM
Level 6

this is by design behavior.
Unfortunately not all netbackup configuration files have links to the persistent storage. I have the same problem with crontab
I can not help you with cp-nbu-config as I do not use it, but you can copy the exclude list with "sudo cp".
At least this is what I'm doing with my scripts.

By the way, why you are using exclude list on the flex master or media servers?

If I don't have an exclude list, it backs up the /mnt/msdp backup storage which fills itself up.

StefanosM
Level 6

Now I'm more curious. Why are you backing up the media server instance?
I assume you use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. Otherwise, you do not have to use an exclude list.

I do not see any reason to backup the media server instance.
OK, maybe some configuration files, but not the entire instance. I do not remember when the last time I had to backup a media server was.

Since they are just Docker containers, that actually makes sense.  I'll remove them from backups.  Thanks for the feedback!