Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 node VCS

shiv124
Level 4

HI

I have 2 node vcs cluster

on node database service group running and on other node application service group is running.We had a issue with OS on one node and all service groups failed over to other node.Now on  one node both service groups running

Now to fix the OS we need to patch .

Without dowtime MY OPTIONS

1.patch the node where no service group running and reboot that node.To patch the other node failover the service groups to other node and patch this node.In this failover do i need to follow any priority first application service group failover and then database service group ? once patched i would failover one of the service group to the other node to get my old set up back.

With downtime

I can offline the service groups on the node apply  and reboot.After the reboot  the service groups would be offline ? or it will try to autostart on the nodes configured ?

If it is offline i would bring the database service group on the node where it is previously running and will replicate the same for application service group .

I am getting it right here ? Any suggesstions would be appreciated

Regards,

Siva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Satish_K__Pagar
Level 5
Employee

Yes, you are pretty much getting right here. Please also be aware of the following service group attributes:

AutoStart, AutoStartPolicy, AutoStartList. These attributes will govern whether the service groups need to be started (brought online) once VCS starts on a system. You can read more details in the VCS admin guide:

(e.g. ftp://ftp.veritas.com/pub/support/patchcentral/Solaris/5.1/sfha/VRTS_SF_HA_Solutions_5.1_SP1_Solaris_x64.tar.gz_doc/vcs_admin_51sp1_sol.pdf)

Also check if you have any dependency between the application and database services. If there is some dependency you need to make sure that you follow the correct startup order or shutdown order.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Satish_K__Pagar
Level 5
Employee

Yes, you are pretty much getting right here. Please also be aware of the following service group attributes:

AutoStart, AutoStartPolicy, AutoStartList. These attributes will govern whether the service groups need to be started (brought online) once VCS starts on a system. You can read more details in the VCS admin guide:

(e.g. ftp://ftp.veritas.com/pub/support/patchcentral/Solaris/5.1/sfha/VRTS_SF_HA_Solutions_5.1_SP1_Solaris_x64.tar.gz_doc/vcs_admin_51sp1_sol.pdf)

Also check if you have any dependency between the application and database services. If there is some dependency you need to make sure that you follow the correct startup order or shutdown order.