cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ApplicationHA 6.0 monitor multiple applications?

tleffing1
Not applicable
Employee Accredited

The forum had a similar question for the 5.1 release that indicated that multi app monitoring was coming (perhaps) in a future release, so I thought I'd pose the question again relative to the 6.0 release.  Any change in status?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi tleffing1,

At this time, AppHA out of the box can monitor only a single application.  The configuration wizards only handle a single application.

However, just as before, it can be manually configured to monitor more applications.  It does require a good understanding of VCS to get AppHA to monintor multiple applications.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi tleffing1,

At this time, AppHA out of the box can monitor only a single application.  The configuration wizards only handle a single application.

However, just as before, it can be manually configured to monitor more applications.  It does require a good understanding of VCS to get AppHA to monintor multiple applications.

Thank you,

Wally

D_White1
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi tleffing1,

As Wally mentions, the ApplicationHA vCentre configuration tool currently only supports configuration of a single application per VM.

Monitoring of multiple applications per VM is supported though and details on how to configure this are contained in Symantec TechNote 159846:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159846

Dave

Virtually_LG
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Tom,

The current aim is to have support for this in the next release, I would be interesting in hearing what applications in particular you are looking for, also for multiple applications what ideally should be the remediation if one of the apps fails, would this fault effect other applications being hosted on the VM (shut those down and reset/reboot) or should the applications continue to run until further problems happen. Ideally this should be configurable but would like to know what the expection would be.

PM me directly if you wish,

thanks

LG