Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 unable to backup ESXi5.1 VM using root credentials

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

Hi experts/guru,

This issues is very frustrating to me. I've successfully created backup job to backup ESXi host 5.1 virtual machines using root credentials and the backup has been running fine for weeks and no changes has been done since then. But one fine day, the backup failed with below error.

"Check status : Error: e0009b61, The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account."

I managed to test credentials successfully but test run was failed.

Please help!!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure if the job is failing because of the 'root' account. What is/are the account/s used to backup the Virtual Machines? Confirm that the logon account is setup as per http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160478

Click the Backup Exec button, Select Configuration and Settings, select Logon Accounts and then select Manage Logon Accounts. Delete and re-add 'root' and the account/s used to backup the VMs again.

urbansaint
Level 3
Accredited

Still failed. I can't even successfully delete the root account. I've changed the backup job to other credentials.

Why is BE2012 appliance so much problem????? Gettting very frustrated with this product!!!!

Trobinson
Not applicable

Start beremote on target server in debug mode and review those entries as the BE server connects and attempts to browse.

In my case, I found entries indicating there was an unavailable NFS on the Linux server. This condition will also create hang conditions in an SSH terminal session if you browse the mount point or attempt to list the contents.  Assume this is the cause of the "hang" condition when BE attempts to browse or test credentials.

Restart the nfs service on the computer hosting the NFS, then on the target computer, umount /the_share.  You will likely have to start the service on the host to successfully umount it.