cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create other user for backup exec

charlesgoat
Level 4

Hi, I have an appliance 3600 with backup exec 2014 so I want to create a other user for backup exec.

For example, the user administrator is the default account and I want other user like backup.symantec

When a I use administrator all is fine and works right but when I want use backup.symantec I have not connection with the BkupLnch

The user.backup has role in windows Backup Operators, Remote Desktop Users and Users.

My question is, this is right or i have to do other configuration?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...matter of interest, but have you tried to join the appliance to the domain if at all possible? If so, create a new admin account in AD and then change the BESA to use this instead.

Thanks!

https://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/4000/DOC4613/en_US/BackupExec_3600R2_Getting_Started_en.pdf

View solution in original post

charlesgoat
Level 4

thanks for you comment, so I put my user in windows role administrator and works.

CraigV

Awesome, could you close this off by marking the post that helped?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

...the appliance is a seriously locked down unit, and you've probably got no access to the local admins group.

The Backup Operators doesn't have enough permissions for BE...been there, tried that. Local Admin would. You need to see if you can add the new account to this, and then into BE, and if not, open a query with Symantec directly.

I suspect though, that it can't be done.

THanks!

CraigV

...matter of interest, but have you tried to join the appliance to the domain if at all possible? If so, create a new admin account in AD and then change the BESA to use this instead.

Thanks!

https://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/4000/DOC4613/en_US/BackupExec_3600R2_Getting_Started_en.pdf

charlesgoat
Level 4

thanks for you comment, so I put my user in windows role administrator and works.

CraigV

Awesome, could you close this off by marking the post that helped?

Thanks!