cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000fe3c Error when adding one more iSCSI drive

doran_lum82
Not applicable

Hi all, for the past years we have been backing up with one iSCSI drive and recently there was a request to add one more. 

After adding one more "sdcli disk connect" command line to mount one more iSCSI drive, BackupExec is only backing up the current drive but unable to backup the new drive and prompt the error below.

Which part of the licensing do I need to check ? Under Help -> About Symantec Backup Exec -> License Information , I can see that every option is "Yes". 

I have try to create new Selection List and New Jobs but still unable to backup the new drive but working for the current drive. 

Error Encounter:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Security Errors

Starting Pre Job Command < "C:\Program Files\Script\mountSnap.bat" >
License Violation
A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
V-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up the resource (Q:), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.

Starting Post Job Command < "C:\Program Files\Script\unmountSnap.bat" >

Command Line to mount the drive:
sdcli disk connect -p Server:/vol/sv_Prod_SQL/.snapshot/%SnapName%/SQL_Snapinfo/SQL -d S -IG BCKSvr BCKSvr-iscsi -dtype dedicated >> %MountLog%

License Type: Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To backup an external drive you need to have an AWS licence for each external drive