cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d Network Backup SLOW!!

Jsanchezjr0826
Level 2
I have a PV124T LTO3 autoloader. Out of nowhere my backup server went from averaging rates for diff backups at 522MB/Min to no higher than 11MB/Min. I litterally mean out of nowhere, no system changes, no updates applied, no permissions changes. The only difference would be the amount of data. I have read and attempted all the fixes I could find in the forums from updating the drivers of the scsi card (adaptec 39160 ultra 160) to updating the device drivers of the autoloader. I have set on the switch and NIC's of both systems to Gb full to no avail. I have attemped the MCN DWORD addition found in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897346. I have tried several tapes, both new and previously used. I have attempted to backup multiple different servers with the same results. I have changed the configuration settings on the drive as recommended in several threads. My backup server is a PE1650, GB of RAM, GB onboard NIC. Mearly attempting to backup a file server. I am at my wits end and any help that can be given I would be ever greatful for. Thank you all in advance!!

JS jr. Man Mad
2 REPLIES 2

Tabula_Rasa
Level 3
I think it has something to do with Hotfix 14. We have 1 server running Hotfix 13 that's running fine and a 2nd faster server that's running Hotfix 14 and Backup Exec is too slow to use. When I get time I'm going to uninstall and reinstall BE up to Hotfix 13 on the new machine to doublecheck.

Joseph_Gremilli
Level 4
Check your ports on your switches that your Backupexec server is attached to.  Make sure there are no CRC errors or packet collisions.  Also verify that your NIC is not flapping. 

Then make sure your switch port speed and duplex is set to match your server NIC speed/duplex.  Try hard coding this if you can (1000 full, not auto/auto).

Also you can try swapping ports.